Fall is in full swing at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park! Join us as we celebrate the colors and textures of this beautiful season.
- An Evening with Dietrich Klinge
- We are honored to host Dietrich Klinge at the 11th Annual Charles Schoenknecht & Ward Paul Sculpture Lecture on October 25th. This is an unusual event for the internationally renowned sculptor and printmaker, who rarely speaks publicly and has never accepted such an opportunity in the United States. “An Evening with Dietrich Klinge” will offer an intimate and personal public appearance as part of a conversation with Chief Curator and Vice President of Collections and Exhibitions, Joseph Becherer.
- Giant Pumpkins
- Celebrate the fall season in a BIG way: discover giant pumpkins on display at Michigan’s Farm Garden! Weighing in at hundreds of pounds, these pumpkins will amaze kids and adults alike. Enjoy a cooking demonstration that will highlight the versatile use of this popular fall gourd. The pumpkins will be on display October 15th and 16th.
- Almost Home: Grand Rapids in Focus
- Grand Rapids has nurtured a significant community of artists, locals and transplants alike. “Almost Home: Grand Rapids in Focus” invites these artists to reflect on their experiences with Grand Rapids as the conceptual foundation of new work. The exhibition is also a part of ArtPrize, and is a finalist for the Outstanding Venue juried award, and Nate Lareau’s “Ditch Lily Drawing” made the top 20 in the public vote! The exhibition runs through December 31st.
- Chrysanthemums and More!
- Autumn is a time of dramatic transformation across our gardens—this year, more than ever. In this season of expectation, we invite you to expect the unexpected as you experience Chrysanthemums and More! From horticulture to harvest, this year’s exhibition ushers in the change of season with a palette of purples sure to intrigue your senses and even inspire a fresh perspective on fall. Savor Chrysanthemums and More! through October 30th.
Hope to see you before November!