As we set changes and challenges for ourselves in this new year, there are lots of changes happening this first week of January at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park! Here is a look at what happened in our Welcoming the World: Honoring a Legacy of Love expansion project:
- The concrete floor in the Garden Pavilion was poured on Thursday, January 3, using nearly 60,000 yards of concrete.
- The structural steel for the roof has arrived for the Concessions building and installation is underway.
- Prep work has also started for the granite facade of the Concessions building.
- The entry to the Padnos Rooftop Sculpture Garden continues as we wait for the installation of the terrazzo flooring
- Footings and walls continue for the Picnic Pavilion