Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park is full of the magic of the holidays – and 400,000 twinkling lights! We have a lot of fun events to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.
- Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World:
- Ring in the holiday season with our most beloved winter exhibition. We’re taking a new look at stories of old, with an intriguing exploration of the folklore and traditions that shape holiday celebrations around the world. Honoring holiday cultures around the world, Meijer Gardens focuses on the authenticity of holiday traditions: Germany tree, adorned with handmade glass ornaments and homemade springerle cookies, the England tree with antique Christmas cards and mistletoe, and the beautiful Eid ul-Fitr display, which celebrates the end of Ramadan. The companion Railway Garden exhibition is a unique horticultural display that incorporates garden design, miniature buildings made from natural materials, and model trolleys and trains.
- Santa Visits:
- All visitors are welcome to share their holiday wishes with Santa. Remember to bring your camera for a Santa selfie or a photo with him on his sleigh. Santa will be in the Cook Entryway Tuesday evenings (December 6th, 13th, 20th) from 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Winter-Time Walks
- Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays Winter in the Lena Meijer Children’s Garden can be chilly, but fun! Bundle up and join us on an outdoor interactive discovery walk (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:15am and 11:15am and Saturdays at 11:15am) to investigate the Children’s Garden in new ways. We’ll explore different winter themes, each with kid-friendly conversation, stories and finger plays.
- Rooftop Reindeer
- Reindeer will be on-hand near the entrance to the Lena Meijer Children’s Garden on Saturdays through December 17th from 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Guests can visit the reindeer, get an up-close look and maybe even pet them.
- The Original Dickens Carolers
- They’re a holiday tradition at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Hear from this wonderful troupe of strolling singers as they perform holiday favorites. They perform Tuesday evenings (December 6th, 13th, 20th ) from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Hope to see you before 2017!