While the weather may be getting colder, November brings with it warm feelings of the holiday season. Here is a taste of some of the festivities happening this month:
- Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World
- Excitement surrounds the holiday season as the annual Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World exhibition brings the glow of nearly 400,000 lights, strolling carolers, rooftop reindeer and more than 40 international trees and displays. The beloved exhibition begins on November 22nd!
- Holiday Gift Show
- The search for the season’s most eclectic gifts is over. Our perennially popular Holiday Gift Show makes an art form out of gift giving—and gift wrapping, which is always complimentary. Members and guests alike come from far and wide to see and shop for treasures collected from more than three dozen regional artists and vendors, each chosen for its delightful distinction. New this year is a sumptuous selection of bottled wines and wine accessories! The show, on November 5th, is free to attend. Members receive a 10% discount when presenting their membership card.
- Winter-Time Walks
- Winter in the Children’s Garden can be chilly, but fun! Bundle up and join us on an outdoor interactive discovery walk (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:15 and 11:15 and Saturdays at 11:15) to investigate the Children’s Garden in new ways. Then gather by the hearth in the log cabin to learn about winter with stories and kid-friendly conversation. Walks begin on November 22nd.
- Giving Tuesday
- There are so many wonderful ways to be a part of Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the generous support of our donors and volunteers. This month look for opportunities on social media to get involved by donating your time, talents and resources, in the spirit of Giving Tuesday!
Hope to see you before December!