Welcome to July! A Michigan summer is certainly hard to beat. We are now entering the heart of the season, and are making the most of it at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park.
From the start of a new concert series featuring local performers, to the chance to look inside a traditional Japanese Teahouse, there are exciting events coming up for everyone to enjoy.
Here are some of the highlights this month:
- The Tuesday Evening Music Club kickoff
- Quickly becoming the summer’s best family entertainment value, the Tuesday Evening Music Club brings talented local and regional musicians to the Frederik Meijer Gardens Amphitheater stage on Tuesday evenings in July and August. Concerts are free for members and included with paid admission to Meijer Gardens for the general public.
- Inside the Japanese Teahouse
- Experience the tranquil ambiance and exquisite architecture of our authentic Japanese Teahouse. Take special note of the master carpentry, contrasting woods, patterns and textures and numerous distinctive details. This opportunity is included with admission on a first-come, first-served basis, weather permitting. Guests will be asked to remove their shoes (so you may want to plan accordingly).
- “Explore the Outdoor Gardens” Tram Tours begin
- Experience our beautiful outdoor gardens through the eyes of our senior horticulture staff. Travel on pathways not accessible to the Daily Tram, discover interesting and unusual plants, and gain insight into ways they are used. Whether you have a green thumb or you simply admire beautiful gardens, you’ll enjoy this very insightful and inspiring tour.
- Daylily Show
- Discover an amazing variety of daylily flowers at this show—see flowers that vary in size from less than one inch across to almost 10 inches and discover spider, ruffled, and “eyed” forms. View creative flower arrangements and vote for your favorite daylily. Receive tips and advice from Daylily Society members while younger visitors enjoy a fun “Build a Daylily” art activity.
We hope to see you before the month is done!